It was fun to tramp around in the soggy (but only for an inch or so) ground, see so many out enjoying the "warmth" and finally see a few slices of evidence that even during the winter life continues under the snow. Enjoy a few more pictures of the area below:
So when we :
- Have a few less feet of ice on the pond
- See a foot of snow soak back into the ground
- Experience a little more consistency in the temperature
- Complete the removal of 6 months of trash from the street gutters
- Record the first robin sighting
- Feel safe about removing the ice scraper from the car
- Starting to wear boots for fashion not just function again
- Use ice more on food than onsidewalks
- And start complaining about how warm it is....
Then we will know spring is in Wisconsin.
If you are really into history, click here for blog posts prior to 2014 !